tara leigh coons
this site the web

16 Things...

Cari Quinn (crit partner extraordinaire) put this up on her blog, so I'm just going to answer mine on my own blog. ;)



1) Favorite beverage? Mt. Dew--almost all varieties--except Code Red.

2) I started writing by entertaining a childhood friend with a story about our favorite rock stars. I was oh...about 14.

3) I used to be a storyteller--see #2. I used to tell them out loud first. Then changed to paper soon afterward.

4) I'm an epic JoviHead. Even have a bit of fanfic out there. My 'first' book isn't in a drawer. The good, the bad and the ugly is on the Internet for anyone to see.

5) I've been to 3 colleges and only have an AAS in Graphic Design.

6) I finished my first NaNoWriMo right out of the gate--first year I tried it, I finished it.

7) I'm an official member of the RWA!

8) Facebook is my current addiction, with a quickly mounting obsession with blog building.

9) I've seen Dirty Dancing, literally over 100 times. My Mom and I watched it twice every weekend for just about a year. It was also the first movie that I paid to see twice in the theater.

10) I have no sense of direction. It's comedy at its best when we do roadtrips! BUT, I always make it there! GPS does help, let me tell you!

11) I'm a self taught egghead. I love the computer. I should just officially call it my BF.

12) My favorite author is Nora Roberts/JD Robb. LaNora is my inspiration. I ran out of books from her (is that possible?! LOL Well, it was back in the late 80's, she wasn't as prolific yet.) and decided to give it a go. Oy! Talk about terrible. LOL But she's the reason I picked up the pen.

13) I'm a little addicted to TV. Yeah--it's a sickness. Sexual Tension and couples that just may never be are my favorites. LOL ie. Bones. *sigh* Hellooo DB!

14) Cari and I are Rhapsody addicts. Half of our crit night is passing songs back and forth.

15) I'm petrified of the R letter. I know I have to get at least one. LOL I just don't want to see that thin little letter in the enevelope with my name on it. Bills are bad enough, man!

16) Two things I really want? To make my living as a writer and to have an office that's shaped like a tower with a wrap around desk and me in the middle with walls of books and electronics.
LOL


Okey doke--there's me! Feel free to pass the 16 around.

5 comments:

Cari Quinn said...

Great list, Tara! I was hoping you'd do one. :)

I have too many things to comment on, so I'll just say I've seen DD about a gazillion times ("just put your pickle on everybody's plate, college boy, and leave the hard stuff to me") and I totally forgot to mention getting published as one of the two things I want! LOL But I do want a hot tub and a fireplace really bad...I love me some heat! And yes, that's why I write romance. ;)

Oh...and my word verfication for blogger? impork Good thing I like Miss Piggy.

*scurries back to work*

Helen Hardt said...

We have something in common, Tara. I have no sense of direction either. My dh totally doesn't get it. Seriously, it's so bad, that when I walk out of a store in the mall, I have no idea which direction I came from.

TaraLeigh said...

Ooh---Helen. We're very much the same. LOL I do the same thing everytime too! LOL

Okay--Impork?!
LMAO!
Now that's priceless Cari. LOL
And man--that line from DD, I can hear it in my head.
I think I need to watch that again!

'Nobody puts baby in the corner.'

SoulGirl said...

ROTF - this was great and I had to go and do it as well of course.

I have good sense of direction --- I just suck at reading maps so when we ever roadtrip. I'm not to be in charge of maps LOL.

And DD! Hell yeah! A classic.

Neurotic said...

Oh Tara, I am so with you on lack of directional sense; it took me a month to memorize the way to work from train station - it is a 10 minute walk.

And laptops make the best boyfriends: they fit in your purse, they hold everything you possibly need, they remind you of important dates, and give you answers to important questions like when is HRH touring next :-p

 

wip - cross purposes

december's project is to get my nanowrimo from 2008 in shape to get it the hell out of here. here's hoping that it is salvageable since I wrote it over a year ago, and boy has my style changed.