tara leigh coons
this site the web

CDOW: Consecutive Days of Writing: Day 1

How many times have I said put up or shut up?
Yeah--well, here's one more.
Hopefully my last one.
Had a good long talk with Cari last night.  We were lamenting about our less than desirable day jobs. She's even thinking about cutting back to PT so that she can focus on her writing and get things squared away.

God, I want that.

More than anything I want to write full time and work part time.  I mean, I'm not crazy here. I know how much work writing is...and I also know how much time it will take to get it done.  I also know that as hard as I work--contracts aren't all that generous these days.  But finding that perfect balance of writing and surviving a day job is REALLY hard. 

So...here I am.  Working on my CDOW again.  A very intelligent chick told me that writing is a muscle.  And lemme tell ya.  It's not just the muscles on my body that are flabby. LOL I'm working to remedy that.

Today is step one.


Wordcount: 1484
PROJ: Open Your Eyes

1 comments:

Cari Quinn said...

You can do it, baby. Your ARE doing it. Every day you rack up words, you're starting to live your dream. WOOT! :)

 

wip - cross purposes

december's project is to get my nanowrimo from 2008 in shape to get it the hell out of here. here's hoping that it is salvageable since I wrote it over a year ago, and boy has my style changed.