tara leigh coons
this site the web

3.25.09 - The Writing Wall

Soo..almost met my goal tonight---did about 1300 ish words, maybe a little more, but damn.
I'm not sure they were worth the type.
Ugh.
LOL
I'm always psyching myself out when an important scene is coming up. *sigh*
The pivotal scenes in my LONGSTANDING story, Home are coming up. I'm determined not to cheat them, but at the same time, I don't want to stifle the characters either.

It's a different sort of balance when you're posting chapter by chapter--than when you're working on a novel. That bad boy can be changed later. The posted chapter.

Oy--it's posted.

*sigh*

RANT OFF.

I'm going to bed.
PFFT.


Okay--Vid of the day is Matt Nathanson since he got spread around through Twitter today. How could I not? ;)

2 comments:

Cari Quinn said...

You're doing great! And yeah, no do-overs when you've posted a chapter...but that can be a good thing, too, because then you don't get stuck on revising so long that you lose your initial spark for the story. Not that I know anything about that...ahem. ;)

SoulGirl said...

You are doing great -- listen to the great powerful OZ up there.

And LMAO yeah we are all guilty of pivotal scenes messing me up, although I tend to find its the sex scene when they first have sex and you've built it up for so long all that tension... LOL you know who I had issues with.. but this is understandable you have 40+ chapters of angst baby, its just natural you want to do it justice. ;)

You can doooo it. Just relax and enjoy Friday, and then its a whole new week. YOU CAN DO IT.

 

wip - cross purposes

december's project is to get my nanowrimo from 2008 in shape to get it the hell out of here. here's hoping that it is salvageable since I wrote it over a year ago, and boy has my style changed.